At Deming Law, we stand as your steadfast legal advocates, committed to navigating the legal system to secure the justice your family so rightfully deserves. The law provides roads for justice, and we are committed to guiding you through this complex legal process. Our primary objective is to hold the negligent parties accountable and build a strong case to help you get the compensation you need.
Our Atlanta Wrongful Death Lawyers Are Here to Help You Claim Justice
At Deming Law, we’re committed to helping you navigate the complex legal process to secure justice and compensation. Here’s how we help:
- Initial consultation: We evaluate the merits of your case, reviewing evidence and providing a strategic outline.
- Investigation: Our team gathers crucial evidence, consults experts, and interviews witnesses to build a strong case.
- Filing the claim: We assist you in preparing and submitting all required legal documents to initiate the legal process.
- Negotiations: Skilled in negotiation, we aim to secure a fair settlement through discussions with insurance companies and opposing counsel.
- Litigation: If negotiations fail, we’re prepared to take your case to court, advocating vigorously on your behalf.
- Receiving compensation: Upon a successful claim, you’ll receive your compensation, either as a lump sum or ongoing payments.
Types of Wrongful Death Cases We Handle
With an average of 140 wrongful deaths per year in Atlanta —which is higher than the national average— we have seen many families cross our door seeking justice and compensation. And we have seen how wrongful death claims can vary in order to the family’s needs. In such difficult times, our seasoned attorneys are proficient in managing a broad spectrum of these cases, ensuring your family is at the core of our legal strategy.
Our team is adept at handling a wide range of wrongful death cases, including but not limited to:
- Medical malpractice: Instances where healthcare providers egregiously fail in their duty of care, leading to fatal consequences. Medical malpractice claims require a thorough investigation into medical records, expert testimonies, and other relevant evidence.
- Automobile accidents: Such as truck accidents, car accidents, or motorcycle accidents, often a consequence of reckless or impaired driving, automobile accidents can result in devastating fatalities. These cases often involve intricate insurance claims and may require accident reconstruction experts to establish fault.
- Workplace incidents: These include but are not limited to falls, equipment malfunctions, and hazardous material exposure. Workplace incidents require a deep dive into employer safety protocols, equipment maintenance records, and witness statements.
- Product liability: Cases where a defective product is the catalyst for a fatal incident. These claims often involve complex litigation against manufacturers and may require expert testimonies to establish fault.
Regardless of the type of case you have, our team is here to help you hold the guilty accountable. To achieve this goal, we will build a strong case on your behalf, ensuring your rights are protected throughout the whole process.
Holding the Negligent Accountable for Wrongful Death
While no amount of money can ever replace a life, holding the negligent parties accountable can provide a measure of justice and financial relief. At Deming Law, we specialize in wrongful death cases, meticulously working to ensure that you receive the full spectrum of damages you’re entitled to under Georgia law.
Type of Damages You Can Claim
Our wrongful death lawyer will work closely with financial experts to ensure that all potential sources of economic loss are accounted for, including future earnings, benefits, and other financial contributions the deceased would have provided.
The emotional and psychological scars left by a wrongful death are immeasurable but not unquantifiable. That’s why we employ specialized techniques to quantify non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering and loss of companionship. We consult with psychological experts to provide a comprehensive assessment of the emotional toll on surviving family members.
In instances where the negligence borders on the criminal, punitive damages may be pursued. These are not just compensatory but are designed to serve as a deterrent to the negligent party and others. Georgia law allows for the pursuit of punitive damages in wrongful death cases where the defendant’s actions were particularly egregious or malicious. At Deming Law, we meticulously build a case to demonstrate the level of negligence involved, thereby justifying the pursuit of punitive damages.
The Process of Claiming for Compensation After a Wrongful Death
Navigating the legal intricacies of a wrongful death claim involves multiple steps, each fraught with its own set of complexities. At Deming Law, we offer a structured approach to guide you through each critical phase.
Step 1: Initial Consultation
The first step involves a comprehensive evaluation of your case to ascertain its legal viability. This includes a detailed review of all available evidence, witness statements, and other pertinent information. Our attorneys will provide you with an honest assessment of your case’s strengths and weaknesses, outlining the best course of action moving forward.
Step 2: Investigation
This phase involves an exhaustive inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the wrongful death. Our legal team will gather all necessary evidence, consult with experts, and interview witnesses to build a robust case. The investigation phase is crucial for establishing liability and determining the extent of damages you may be entitled to.
Step 3: Filing the Claim
Once the investigation is complete, we will assist you in the meticulous preparation and submission of all requisite legal documents. This includes the filing of a formal complaint, which sets the legal process in motion.
Step 4: Negotiations
Negotiations with insurance companies and opposing counsel are often fraught with challenges. We prepare for these negotiations as if we were preparing for trial, ensuring that we have all the necessary evidence to support your claim.
Step 5: Litigation
If an amicable settlement proves elusive, we are fully prepared to escalate the matter to court. Our legal team will advocate vigorously for your rights, presenting a compelling case to the jury or judge.
Contact Our Wrongful Death Lawyer to Claim the Justice Your Family Deserves
The loss of a loved one due to wrongful death is a grievous injustice that no family should have to endure. The time to act for justice is now. Contact Deming Law firm for a free consultation to discuss your legal options and map out a strategy for your case.
Our wrongful death attorneys are committed to providing you with the legal representation you deserve, ensuring that justice is served and that you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Contact us today and let us help you get the compensation you and your family deserve.
When someone we love is taken from us unexpectedly, the last thing we want to deal with is all of the details that come with the loss. When your loved one’s death is caused by another’s negligence or wrongdoing, the grieving becomes even more intense. There is nothing that can take the place of your loved one or make the grieving process easier, but if you are faced with this situation, you may have the grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit.
During this time, it is probably more important than ever make sure your family is taken care of, and Deming law firm is here to help you– not only to help you get through this process – but to help your family get closure and take care of your future as best as we can. We’ve been handling wrongful death cases since 1974, and we will do everything possible make your life easier while protecting your rights and respecting the memory of your loved one.
2200 Century Pkwy NE, Suite 800
Atlanta, Georgia 30345