At Deming Law, we don’t merely acknowledge the gravity of motorcycle statistics; we actively combat it by offering specialized legal advocacy for those unjustly harmed on the road. Our lawyers’ focus is on holding negligent parties accountable and securing the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Injured Due to the Negligence of Others? Our Savannah Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help
In the last traffic report from the U.S. Department of Transportation, 5,932 motorcyclists were killed, accounting for 14% of all traffic fatalities nationwide. Unfortunately, the motorcyclists in our city are not out of these numbers, often finding themselves without the security other drivers have on the road.
For those who manage to survive a motorcycle crash, many often experience a high-impact collision with the ground immediately after their motorcycle topples over. This, in turn, results in severe consequences,
When you’re dealing with the repercussions of a motorcycle accident, the complexities of the legal landscape can be daunting. At Deming Law, we specialize in guiding victims through this intricate process, ensuring that you’re not navigating these challenges alone
How Your Lawyer Will Help:
- Calculating damages: One of the most critical aspects of your case is accurately calculating the damages you’re entitled to. This includes not just immediate medical expenses but also long-term rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and emotional suffering.
- Holding responsible parties accountable: Identifying the negligent party is just the first step. Our attorneys are skilled in gathering evidence, understanding liability laws, and taking the necessary legal actions to hold those responsible accountable for their actions.
- Navigating insurance claims: Dealing with insurance companies can be a complex and often frustrating experience. Our legal team will handle these interactions on your behalf, ensuring that your claim is accurately represented and aggressively pursued.
- Legal representation in court: If your case goes to trial, you’ll need a skilled legal advocate by your side. Our attorneys are experienced in courtroom procedures and will represent your interests effectively, aiming for the best possible outcome.
By choosing to build your case with us you’re not merely hiring a lawyer; you’re gaining a steadfast advocate committed to your cause. Our legal team is dedicated to ensuring that your rights are upheld and that you receive the maximum compensation you’re legally entitled to.
Negligence Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, about 25% of all fatal accidents in the state involve a drunk driver, followed by speeding. Each of these negligent actions presents its own set of challenges when it comes to proving liability, and our legal team is well-equipped to tackle these challenges head-on.
From our experience of decades serving motorcycle accident victims, these are the negligent causes that we helped to sustain the most:
- Distracted driving: The act of diverting attention away from the road, perhaps to send a text message or adjust the radio, can have catastrophic consequences for motorcyclists.
- Excessive speed: Driving at speeds that exceed the posted limits or are too fast for road conditions can result in devastating accidents that often lead to severe injuries or even wrongful death for motorcyclists.
- Driving under the influence: Operating a vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs is not only illegal but also extremely dangerous, particularly for motorcyclists who are already at a higher risk of being involved in an accident.
If you are a victim of the reckless behavior of another driver, chances are you’re entitled to compensation, according to Georgia Law.
Common Injuries Sustained in Motorcycle Accident Cases:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Severe lacerations and road rash
- Internal injuries
We recognize how these devastating injuries can profoundly impact not only the lives of the victims but also those of their families.
The attorneys at our Savannah office are committed to alleviating these burdens by ensuring that you demand the right amount of compensation you’re legally entitled to.
How to File a Motorcycle Accident Claim to Demand Compensation
Initiating a motorcycle accident claim is a complex process that requires a strategic approach to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible. We are experts in this field and will guide you through each step of the process.
Step 1: Gathering Evidence
The first step involves meticulously gathering all pertinent information, including police reports, medical records, and eyewitness accounts, to build a robust case.
Step 2: Filing the Initial Claim
Once all the necessary evidence has been gathered, the next step is to file the initial claim with the insurance company. Our attorneys will handle this on your behalf, ensuring that all paperwork is completed accurately and submitted within the required timeframes.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Savannah to Maximize Compensation
Motorcycle accidents present unique legal challenges that demand a tailored approach.
At Deming Law, we don’t just offer representation; we offer strategic legal solutions designed to secure the most favorable outcome for your case. If you’ve suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, don’t hesitate to contact us for a comprehensive case evaluation.
FAQs Related to Motorcycle Accidents in Savannah
What Are the Helmet Laws in Georgia?
In Georgia, the law § 40-6-315 mandates that all motorcycle riders and passengers wear a helmet. Failure to comply can affect your compensation.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?
According to Georgia Code § 9-3-33 the statute of limitations for filing a motorcycle accident claim is two years from the date of the accident. Missing this deadline can result in the forfeiture of your right to seek compensation.
2 East Bryan Street, Suite 602 Savannah, Georgia 31401